"Of Course She is Strong, She is Loved"

I was sitting in a theater last year, and I don’t even remember what movie I was going to see. 

But I do remember a trailer for a movie called “ A Kingdom United”. 

The movie was about an English woman that married an African prince and the hardships they faced when his people did not want this woman as their queen. The movie itself is not significant, but there was one quote from that trailer stuck out to me. 

Two of the African women were talking about the English woman, and they were marveling at her strength.

“Of course she is strong, she is a woman that is loved”

A Woman That Is Loved
This quote resonated with me, because I too am a woman that is loved. And not just loved by other people, although I am and for that I am very grateful.

But I am loved with strength and a fervor that cannot be matched by any other.

This Love is not a passive love, but a pursuing love.

This Love is not a permissive love, but a love that will not allow me to continue in paths that are harmful. 

This Love is not a superficial love, but a love that has proven itself over and over. 

This Love is abundant, miraculous, mind-blowing, and complete, lacking in nothing.

My sisters, this Love is so strong that you have to ask for strength to even begin to comprehend it.


For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:14-19


Did you catch that? Paul is praying to the Father that people would have the strength to grasp even a fraction of the kind of love that He has demonstrated to us through Christ. The love of Christ that opened His own veins to pour out His blood, the perfect sacrifice to pay for our sins and adopt us into the family of God. 


See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! (I John 3:1)

Of Course She Is Strong
How would the knowledge of such a love change the way that you and I live?

If I know that I am loved, I do not have to compare myself to others.

If I know that I am loved, I do not need to prove my worth through what I do.

If I know that I am loved, I have nothing to feel insecure about.

If I know that I am loved, I can have the boldness to try new and hard things, because whether or not I fail I know that it will not change the fact that 
my Daddy loves me.

If I know that I am loved, I can love deeply, freely, and sacrificially, knowing that I will always be able to replenish from the very Source of love itself.

So then, the ability to grasp even the smallest glimpse of the love that my God has for me is so radically freeing and strengthening that I can live a life that makes people look and say

She is strong

Not because of my strength, or because of anything in and of myself.

No,

But of course she is strong, she is a woman who is loved.


Comments

Popular Posts