Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

"You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place... like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again." Azar Nafisi
 This quote is so amazingly accurate to me. I've never really thougth about it that way before, but that is what makes the ending of everything so bitter-sweet. Because even if you go back and visit that same place again, recreate the same exact experience, even if everything is physically exactly the same, you will change. It's inevitable. You have to change. You can't stop it. You must change.
  This has always been sooooooo hard for me. I have gotten alot better but I hate change. I get so afraid of what will happen if I change, if things change. I like things the way they are, and if I've had a really great experience then I don't want it to end. I cling to the past and things that have happened and trying to re-create things that have happened repeatedly.
  However, as you can imagine this hasn't worked so well. Things change and I change and the people around me change and nothing has stayed the same. And through this God has shown me something. He has shown me that He is in control of my life. He knows what He has in store for me, and I can't submit to His will completely unless I change. I have to change to be better, to grow. Also, God has shown me that more often than not, the changes in the situations around me and the changes in myself are for my benifit and for the benifit of others around me. The changes that have occured have brought about even better places, situations, and opportunities than I could ever had imagined for myself. God is amazing and you never know what He has in store for you. I need to stop clinging to things, remember the good times and the places that I pass through, and completely give God my future, because He knows what's best for it.

Comments

Popular Posts