Prayer

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying..." (Ephesians 6:18).
     Praying is something that I do everyday, and usually multiple times a day. When I pray, I talk to God, thank Him for the things He's given me, repent for my many sins, and submit my prayer request for myself and for others around me. And when I heard something in a lesson the other day, it totally made sense, I just have never thought of it in this way before.
   When we pray to God, we are not filling Him in on anything. We are not letting Him know about the things we have done wrong or informing Him about how broken we are and how much we need Him. God knows all of this. He knows everything! He not only knows what we've done or how we're hurting, but He knows why too. We pray to Him to show Him that we too realize  what we have done is wrong, not to tell Him something He already knows. We call out to Him about our hurts and needs and the hurts and needs of other as an act of faith, of knowing that He hears us, and of acknowledging that we need Him, and that we trust in His perfect timing.
    

Comments

Popular Posts