Find a Quiet Place

"My child," You say,
"Come away with Me, find a quiet place."
"Not now dear Lord," I say to You,
"I'm much too busy, I have no space.
There are chores to be done, needs to be met,
Working and cleaning and living,
And I'm doing all of this for You,
I'm working hard and giving."
Later You call in the still of the night,
"My child, surely now you are done.
You've done your chores and finished up,
Do not continue to run."
"O dear Lord," I answer back,
"Surely I know You are right,
But not I'm just so very tired,
Don't You understand my plight?"
So the days and nights keep going on,
And time just slips away.
The more my busy schedule fills,
The less and less I pray.
Finally the days get too long for me,
I can run on empty no more,
I find a quiet spot to rest,
And kneel down on the floor.
"My God" I cry "please meet with me,
I know not what to do!"
"My child," He replies calm and still,
"I've always been with you.
I am the One who knows all things,
Who made your very being,
I've been with you all this time,
You just kept yourself from seeing."
As I communed with my Great God,
I saw the wrong in my ways,
How could I not give my time,
To the Maker of my days?
He is not a God in need of,
Anything I can give,
But having time with Him,
Is what I need to live.
So there is no better use,
For me to spend each day,
Like Mary, I'll choose the better thing,
And it will not be taken away.
  But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.” ~Luke 10:41-42



Comments

Popular Posts