Shhh Secrets

You give all of your secrets to me,
I keep them safe with lock and key,
These secrets that whisper in the night,
You hope they never see the light.
Things you dare not say too loud,
Of which you are scared and none too proud.
Yes to me you give all of these things,
Unaware of the burden that it brings.
Though you feel better, even great,
I can't stand under the weight,
Of these secrets you entrusted to me,
Ignoring my soft, repeated plea,
To take your secrets somewhere else,
I've no more room inside myself.
But I keep them safe, the word has spread,
Your secrets never leave my head,
From my lips they never depart,
I guard them deep within my heart.
So I take the things which you have said,
And put them in a box above my bed,
Where I keep every secret I've heard before,
And pray they don't crash on the floor.
I curl up in a ball and try to sleep,
Haunted byt every secret I keep.
You give all your secrets to me,
But the lock has broke and I've lost the key...

Life hands us many burdens, and many things that we don't feel like we can share with others. This poem is not about me, it's just something I've been thinking about. But I know that we never have to face burdens on our own.
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22

Comments

Popular Posts